The Environmental Education for Resource Sustainability Trust (EERST) was established in the year 2000.
The Trust is a community based, not-for-profit organisation and a member of the Community Recycling Network (CRN) and the Sustainable Business Network (SBN) in New Zealand.
EERST aims to work with preschools, schools, businesses and communities to create a more sustainable future.
EERST believes that through education and action, communities can become more environmentally aware and live a more sustainable life.
EERST has worked with numerous councils, businesses and communities throughout the years including managing the highly successful Paper4trees programme.
Paper4trees is a school based environmental education programme, which has been operating since 2001 and is in thousands of schools and preschools throughout New Zealand. EERST is currently looking into two other school-based programmes, Water4schools and Energy4schools.
EERST has been recognised for its contribution towards environmental education and has won numerous awards throughout the years, including our most recent at the Westpac Tauranga Business Awards 2014:
- 2014 Winner – Sustainability Award (Westpac Tauranga Business Awards)
- 2014 Finalist – Community Organisation of the year (Westpac Tauranga Business Awards)
- 2014 Finalist Green Ribbon – Communication and Education (Ministry for the Environment)
- 2013 Finalist NZI Sustainabie Business Network Awards – Community Impact Award
- 2011 NZ Environmental Packaging Awards – Cadbury Community Education Programme
- 2011 NZ Environmental Packaging Awards – Supreme Award
- 2010 Green Ribbon Award – Community action for the environment (Ministry for the Environment)
- 2007 Seriously Sustainable Award (Tauranga Environment Centre)
- 2003 Runner up in Community Organisation of the Year (Zero Waste New Zealand Trust)
- 2003 School Incineration Removal (Environment BOP)
- 2002 Sustainable Management in Industry (Environment BOP)
- 2001 Community Education (Environment BOP)
- 2000 School Education (Environment BOP)
Working together with;